Leopard Gecko is the reptile find in the desert area, and their caring is easy for a person. The size of the insect is small, and the eating of the right food is a must for the reptiles. Expert advice can be taken to take care of the reptiles in the favorable climate. The feeding of food should be as per the opinion of the experts. The most common food for the Gecko is insects like earthworms and other bugs. The proper diet of the Gecko depend on the answer of the questions like –
- What food should be fed to the reptiles?
- What should be the size of the food for eating?
- How often, food should be provided to them?
- What food should not be fed to the reptiles?
The reptiles should be prevented from eating toxic food that can cause harm to their health. Food should be provided once in a week to Gecko to avoid obesity in them. Some food items may contain inadequate calcium; a person should be aware of it and do not feed them to Leopard Gecko.
Different kinds of food should be provided to Leopard Gecko
The eating of insects will provide calcium to the reptiles. Earthworms or silkworms will be treated as a fed that can be given once or twice a week. The Butter worms should not be made addiction to the reptiles. As they are fatty for eating and do not contain calcium for the health of the Gecko. The purchasing of the food should be from the Leopard Gecko reptile center that will not cause any harm to them. The best food for leopard gecko will be insects like bugs and silkworms. There should be an avoidance of food that contains fruits and dead insects.
Suitable size of food for feeding to the Leopard Gecko
The size of the food may vary with the age of the Gecko. The baby Gecko will eat less food in comparison to adult Gecko. Proper consideration should be given to the food while feeding them. Here is a little bit of guidance about it –
- Infant Gecko – The size of the diet should be no more than one inch. As it is a baby Gecko, so the size of the diet should be accordingly. The small Geckos can be feed once in a week, and prevention will be from the dead and dried insects.
- Young Gecko – The young animal can eat more than one-inch cricket for the healthy growth of the body. The food should not create any harm to the health of the reptile. Fruits and vitamins should not be included in the diet of the reptiles.
- Adult Geckos – As per the size of the body, they can eat adult insects and crickets. The feeding of the food can be twice-thrice in a week. The size of the food will be significant in comparison to young and infant Geckos.
The fact should be considered that the size of the food should not be large than the space between the eyes. The cricketers can be bought from the Leopard Reptile center at reasonable prices.
An appropriate period for food feeding to Leopard Gecko
Proper time interval should be maintained in feeding the food of the Leopard Gecko.
- The younger Gecko should be feed every day for better development of the body. The health of the reptile should be adequately considered while feeding them.
- If the Gecko is sick, then they should be fed once in a day. The food should be provided until the strength of the body is regained to normal.
- If there is a problem is eating the food, then the insects can be left in a tank. The food can be eaten later as per the need of the Gecko.
- The time of feeding the food should be in the late morning or early in the evening. The Gecko can hunt wild insects but not the dead insects.
A person should not forget to feed the Gecko once in a day. The length of the insects should depend on the size of the reptile. As, the food requirement will be different for infant, young, and adult Leopard Gecko.
Avoidance in feeding food to the Leopard Gecko
Some foods are toxic for the health of the Gecko that should not be fed to the animal. Fruits and vegetables will be dangerous for the health of the Gecko. Here is the list of the insects that should not be given to the healthy reptiles.
- The bugs that have lighting should not be made available to the Gecko for eating. There will be chemicals in the bugs that will be injurious for the health.
- Some Geckos are catching wild insects and eat them. The wild insects can be toxic, but the opinions of the experts may vary in this regard.
- The dried and dead insects should not be availed as food to the Leopard Gecko. They will contain pesticides and traces of the parasites that will provide harm to health.
The best food for leopard gecko can be purchased from online websites. The costs of the insects will be sufficient for the person. The food should be a good source of nutrition for the insects, and a proper guide should be provided for the reduction of toxic food as the meal for the Gecko. The food should be given in the evening or morning to the reptiles. The sense of feeding to the Leopard Gecko should be good at online websites.
A person can feed the crickets that are caught. They will not be toxic and wild but full of nutritional value for the animals. The Leopard should not become addicted to the food bought from the center. The time interval between the feeding should be considered appropriately through a person. Correct knowledge is required about the insects that are feeding to Leopard Gecko.